Chicago, IL Four Seasons Hotel November 3 - 4, 2016
New Orleans, LA The Ritz-Carlton December 8 - 9, 2016
San Francisco, CA Westin St. Francis December 1 - 2, 2016
Washington, DC W Washington DC November 17 - 18, 2016
Washington DC - Our 2016 programs will now be located at the W Hotel, conveniently located next door to the White-House!
The brochure that is now available is from the 2015 program and is representative of the type of agenda that will be covered in 2016. The 2016 brochure will be available late August.
This is NELI's most comprehensive two day advanced-level conference addressing critical developments affecting employment policies and practices of business and government.
The 2015 agenda addresses significant pending legislative and regulatory changes along with our annual substantive updates, including:
- Developments in Equal Employment Opportunity - Annual update of Supreme Court and significant appellate court and trial court cases and their application and implications for employment law practitioners, and prospects for new anti-discrimination laws and enforcement actions;
- Annual Wage and Hour Update - Recapping recent Supreme Court, Circuit Court and District Court decisions, new DOL interpretations and initiatives, the growing wave of cases involving interns and independent contractors, and much more;
- Recent NLRA Developments - Analyzing the NLRB's continued expansion of employee rights, especially in non-unionized workplaces, changes in representational election rules, and controversial decisions in statutory coverage, including the Northwestern University decision;
- Examination of complex Retaliation and Whistleblowing claims, including what is protected activity, hidden lessons learned from Nassar, and all the current hot topics in this area, with separate focus on the explosion of whistleblower legislation and recent Dodd Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley issues following Lawson v. FMR;
- Analysis of key legal, technology and HR issues in the virtual world of the e-workplace, covering Policies Restricting Employees' Acceptable Use of Technology, Social Media and The Cloud;
- Our annual review of ethics in labor and employment law (1 hour of ethics credit);
- An ADA Update on ground-breaking developments, analyzing both "qualified" and "reasonable accommodation" issues;
- Practical guidance for FMLA compliance, focusing on DOL activity and lessons learned from DOL audits, FMLA communications by mail or email, fitness-for-duty medical exams, working while on leave, medical information and certifications, and best practices for curbing leave abuse.
This program will provide between 12-14.5 CLE hours (including 1 hour of ethics), depending upon the jurisdiction.
Advisory Board members participating in the 2015 program include: Ellen Boshkoff, Esq. Robert Brownstone, Esq. Brian Bulger, Esq. Dennis Duffy, Esq. Gregory C. Keating, Esq. Ellen McLaughlin, Esq. Megan P. Norris, Esq. Christopher A. Parlo, Esq. Steven Suflas, Esq. Jeffrey Wohl, Esq.
Early Registration Fee: $895.00 (available until approximately 3 weeks prior to the seminar date, please consult brochure for exact date)
Registration Fee: $945.00
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.