Chicago, IL Four Seasons Hotel November 13 - 14, 2014
New Orleans, LA The Ritz-Carlton December 11 - 12, 2014
San Francisco, CA Westin St. Francis December 4 - 5, 2014
Washington, DC Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City November 20 - 21, 2014
The 2014 brochure is now available.
This is NELI's most comprehensive two day advanced-level conference addressing critical developments affecting employment policies and practices of business and government.
The 2014 agenda addresses significant pending legislative and regulatory changes along with our annual substantive updates, including:
- Annual EEO update of Supreme Court and significant appellate court cases and their application and implications for employment law practitioners, and prospects for new anti-discrimination laws and enforcement actions;
- Difficult wage and hour issues, covering the latest Supreme Court decisions including Sandifer v. United States Steel Corporation, the growing wave of cases involving interns and independent contractors, settling these cases and much more;
- Recent NLRA developments, including the controversially reconstituted National Labor Relations Board, expanding employee rights for non-unionized workplaces, important court and NLRB decisions;
- Examination of complex Retaliation and Whistleblowing claims, including what is protected activity, hidden lessons learned from Nassar, and all the current hot topics in this area, with separate focus on the explosion of whistleblower legislation and recent Dodd Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley issues following Lawson v. FMR;
- Analysis of key legal, technology and HR issues in the virtual world of the e-workplace, how to Balance Privacy and Information-Security to Manage Risk;
- Our annual review of ethics in labor and employment law (1 hour of ethics credit);
- An ADA Update on ground-breaking cases, analyzing both "qualified" and "reasonable accommodation" issues;
- Practical guidance on challenging FMLA issues, including such current tough topics as designation of leave in light of the Escriba decision, fitness-for-duty medical exams, working while on leave, along with a discussion of the recent DOL's proposed rule on the definition of spouse following the Windsor decision, among others.
This program will provide between 12-14.5 CLE hours (including 1 hour of ethics), depending upon the jurisdiction.
Advisory Board members participating in the 2014 program include: Ellen Boshkoff, Esq. Robert Brownstone, Esq. Brian Bulger, Esq. Dennis Duffy, Esq. Gregory C. Keating, Esq. Ellen McLaughlin, Esq. Christopher A. Parlo, Esq. Steven Suflas, Esq. Kirby Wilcox, Esq. Jeffrey Wohl, Esq.
Early Registration Fee: $895.00 (available until approximately 3 weeks prior to the seminar date, please consult brochure for exact date)
Registration Fee: $945.00
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.